Shawn Trimble, RMT
I was born and raised in North Vancouver, but I have always had the Island in me. I finally moved to the Island with my family in 2013 and can’t imagine being any other place than here…and I have seen a lot of places! I took a forced hiatus from work due to an injury (I had to have a shoulder joint replacement) and enjoyed my time being a stay at home dad, but the time has come to build a rewarding practice here in Comox.
My history includes a wide variety of jobs, a lot of travel and adventure, and broad mix of interests. I have always been an active and sporty person, though never highly competitive. I completed a diploma in Outdoor Recreation Management prior to becoming a Registered Massage Therapist and have a strong affinity for those who endeavour in outdoor pursuits.
My life and career as a Massage Therapist has included being an instructor at the school I trained at, a clinic owner, a member of a wide variety of amateur and professional teams, an organizer of Massage and health support at many events, and a practitioner with a very rewarding clinical practice.
My interests in Massage and wellness are focussed on active people wanting to live active lives. Whether it is injury prevention, injury management, or injury rehabilitation, I want to help you get back to being your active self.
I have a special interest in working with competitive athletes of any sport. I have a varied background in working with both contact and non-contact sports, from the grass-roots weekend-warrior amateur level all the way up to full-time Olympic/professional level. I have extensive experience working with athletes and their coaches to help them manage and excel within their training cycles and at competitive events.
What to expect during a Massage treatment;
I will spend some time assessing your concerns to get a sense of how we will go about treatments. While on the table, I will use a variety of manual techniques including massage, stretch, joint manipulation, and IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization). We will finish with reassessment and discussion of a treatment plan. I will send you home with exercises to augment our treatment goals.
My Background and Experience
- Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy from West Coast College of Massage Therapy New Westminster Campus 2001
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Massage Therapists of BC 2001
- Instructor at West Coast College of Massage Therapy New Westminster Campus 2003 – 2013
- Owner of The Massage Therapy Clinic at the UBC Aquatic Centre 2008 – 2014
- Massage Therapist Vancouver Griffins Women’s Ice Hockey team 2001-2003
- Massage Therapist Vancouver Whitecaps Men’s Soccer team 2003 – 2009 (USL Champions 2006, 2008)
- Massage Therapist UBC Cross Country and Track and Field teams 2004 – 2013
- Massage Therapist UBC Dolphins/UBC Thunderbirds Swim Club 2004 – 2010
- Massage Therapist Canadian National Swim Team (Pan Pacific Championships 2006, 2010)
- FISU World University Games 2007, 2009
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Shawn.email@example.com